Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- 2 boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup crumbled cheese (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving
Rub 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning evenly over each chicken breast (on both sides). In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes per side, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove pan from heat, transfer chicken to a cutting board, and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Then cut into bite-sized cubes.
Return pan to medium-high heat and add the other tablespoon of oil. Add peppers and sliced onions. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onions and peppers are cooked and softened. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine the corn, diced red onion, cilantro, and lime juice to make a salsa. Set aside until ready to serve.
To serve: Portion quinoa into each bowl, spreading it to cover the bottom of the bowls. Divide the chicken, peppers and onions, corn salsa, and guacamole evenly among bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with crumbled cheese. Serve with a lime wedge if desired.