This simple slaw is great as a side or topping for all your grilled favorites, and pairs especially well with chicken sausage.
- 1 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 or 2 habanero peppers, seeds and piths removed and minced*
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds and piths removed and finely chopped*
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- *Adjust the heat in this recipe according to preference. Removing the seeds and piths from hot peppers makes for a milder dish while still delivering the peppers’ flavor.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.