Parmesan Pesto Chicken With Pecans
by Robert Landolphi, Chef, Quick-Fix Gluten Free, Hampton, Connecticut
This flavorful pasta dish is gluten free and will become one of your family’s favorites. It is quick and easy, and made all in one pan.
- 12 ounces (gluten-free) brown rice penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup (gluten-free) chicken broth
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and sauté in olive oil over medium-high heat until cooked through. Add garlic, scallions, and pecans and cook one minute. Stir in pasta, chicken stock, and pesto, and continue cooking until pasta is hot and completely coated with pesto. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, Parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese on the side.
Pairing: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio