Key lime pie is the perfect summer dessert; it’s light, sweet, just a little tangy, and a cinch to make.
- 1½ cups ground graham crackers
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup fresh key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- Zest from 4 key limes (or 2 limes), plus zest of 1 lime for garnish
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Graham Cracker Crust:
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. With a spatula, press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before adding filling.
For The Pie Filling:
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. Pour into the cooled graham cracker crust and bake for 10 minutes. Let pie cool before chilling. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
For The Whipped Topping:
With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla extract. Spread or pipe the cream on top of the cooled pie. Garnish with lime zest.