Chicken Caesar Burger
by Seth Kingsbury, Chef , Pazzo!, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- 1 pound ground Smart Chicken
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (Italian parsley and oregano work well for this dish, but use your favorites)
- 5 tablespoons Caesar dressing
- 4 hamburger buns (optional)
In a large bowl, mix chicken with egg whites, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped herbs, salt, and pepper.
Preheat grill or frying pan to medium-high, about 400°F.
Make four patties out of the ground chicken mixture. Place chicken patties on the hot grill or pan for about 4 minutes. Flip the patties over and grill for another 4 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Toss hearts of romaine with Caesar dressing and rest of Parmesan cheese. Burgers can be served right on top of the salad or on a toasted bun with the dressed romaine.