Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa Verde
This recipe blends all things green for a minimal-prep salsa with a full-flavored, fiery kick. For extra depth of flavor, roast the onion, serrano, garlic, and tomatillos before blending.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 serrano chile*, roughly chopped
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pound tomatillos (8 to 10), husks removed, rinsed, and quartered
- ½ cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt, to taste
*Seeding the chile before chopping will make for a milder salsa.
Scoop avocado flesh into a blender and add serrano, onion, garlic, tomatillos, and cilantro. Blend until smooth and season with salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.