Honey, Chili & Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey (or substitute brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 or 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Salad or brown rice, for serving (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, honey, and red chili flakes. Divide mixture in half, reserving one half for basting.
Transfer chicken cubes to a large, sealable plastic bag. Pour half of the marinade mixture into the bag and seal. Mix well to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drain marinade from the chicken. Thread the skewers, alternating chicken cubes, bell pepper, and squash.
Grill chicken skewers for about 5 minutes on each side, basting with the reserved marinade toward the end of grilling. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with salad or brown rice (optional).