Serves 4 (as a main course)
- ½ cup chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- ½ cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a sauce pot over low heat, combine the hot sauce, sugar/honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook until the sugar melts into the sauce. Divide the sauce and set half aside for serving.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and transfer to the pan. Cook the chicken until each side is golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Baste chicken with sauce and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until the chicken registers 165°F, about 10 to 15 minutes, basting with the sauce every 5 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.