Easy Roasted Chicken With Potatoes & Kale
- 1½ pounds kale, stems and ribs removed
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 8 Smart Chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F. Evenly distribute kale, potatoes, and onion on a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika and nestle the chicken, skin-side up, into the vegetables. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the thickest portion of the drumstick registers 165°F. To crisp up the potatoes and skin of the chicken, turn the oven to broil and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes (watch carefully to avoid burning). Serve the chicken and vegetables with lemon wedges, for squeezing over top.