Subtle hints of coconut and lavender combine for a truly unique drink that will freshen up your tired cocktail repertoire. Leave out the alcohol for a family-friendly version.
- 1½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 9 lemons)
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 8 cups coconut water
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces coconut rum, or to taste (optional)
- Lavender Simple Syrup, to taste (recipe follows)
- Two or three drops violet food coloring (optional)
- Lemon slices, for serving
In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, sugar, coconut water, and water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour about one third of the Lavender Simple Syrup into the pitcher and stir. Taste and add more syrup as needed. Add food coloring (if using) to give the drink a purple hue. Garnish with lemon slices and serve over ice.
- Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1½ tablespoons dried lavender
In a saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar, water, and lavender and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove pan from the heat, cover, and let the mixture steep for 20 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove lavender. Set syrup aside to cool. Once cooled, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.