Chicken, Cranberry & Brie Tartlets
These adorable appetizers are the perfect combination of flavors, and they’re great for holiday parties.
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing muffin tins
- 1 Smart Chicken boneless skinless breast, cooked and diced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1½ teaspoons mustard powder
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cut into 48 pieces
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
Preheat oven to 375°F. Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package instructions. Once thawed, unfold and cut into thirds. Cut each third into 8 equal squares to make 48 squares.
Lightly grease 2 mini muffin tins with butter. Press a puff pastry square into each muffin cup. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and use a spoon to indent the center of each cup.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, prepare the cranberry sauce by combining cranberries, honey, water, and mustard powder. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook while stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Fill the center of each puff pastry cup with a few pieces of chicken, half a teaspoon cranberry sauce, and 1 piece brie cheese. Return to oven for 6 to 8 minutes, until brie is slightly melted. Top with minced sage and chopped pecans and serve warm.